About Junior Crusaders Football
Join the ranks of the Championship Football Program at Catholic Memorial High School. Develop the skills needed by participating in the competitive Junior Crusaders Football program to elevate to the elite high school level.
The Junior Crusader program prepares football players to compete within a Christian environment. Special emphasis is placed on having a “team” attitude, respect, and good sportsmanship.
Junior Crusader Football is a developmental program dedicated to fostering knowledge and appreciation of the game that will carry over to the high school years and beyond. Participants will learn the fundamentals of the sport from a cadre of coaches who bring a wealth of playing and coaching experience from the high school, college, and professional levels. Teams will be taught the offensive and defensive schemes so successfully employed by Catholic Memorial High School for the past 25 years.
Emphasis will be placed on instruction, participation, and development. At this level, while winning is important, CMH believes learning the game and player development is more important.
Registration for the 2022 Season Coming Soon!
If you have any questions or concerns about Jr. Crusaders Football, please contact Joe Drees at firstname.lastname@example.org – 262.542.7101 ext. 545
- Equipment Return: November 14th
- When: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Where: CMH, Julia Weber Gymnasium
Junior Crusader Football registration
Teams with a maximum of 30 players, 16-20 players is ideal for 5th and 6th grade. The smaller team sizes ensure that children participate in every game and will learn offense and defense. Smaller team sizes allow Junior Crusaders to have a higher coach to player ratio so students can have more one-on-one direction.
Junior Crusaders coaching staff’s main objective is to develop players individually and as a team. The coaches use the USA Football Heads Up program to teach players how to tackle and block properly. The coaches are educated on concussions, hydration, and proper equipment fitting to ensure a safe football experience. For more information on the program access the following link or on the Home page. http://usafootball.com
Junior Crusaders is 100% volunteer driven. Parents are expected to volunteer their time supporting the Junior Crusader program.
Positions needed to fill:
- Field set-up and clean-up
Don't be scared to volunteer - Volunteering is a great way to network and meet other parents.
- No players can participate on or after their 15th birthday. Players in the 9th grade or above are prohibited from participating at any time.
- 6th Grade team players must be in the 6th grade or below (age 12 and under)
- 5th Grade team players must be in the 5th grade or below (age 11 and under)
- 4th Grade team players must be in the 4th grade or below (age 10 and under)
Junior Crusader Night
- 2021 Date: TBD
- All players to wear their blue game jersey that night
- Team for 4-7 grade and the 8th graders will be announced individually
- Parents are responsible for their players. The coaches will be there to help with halftime, but will not supervise the boys for the rest of the game
If a player does not have the proper equipment, they will not play. Please understand that players' safety is CMH’s top priority! Coaches are in charge of making sure that ALL coaches and players are following the correct safety protocol.
If still in need of equipment please contact Joe Drees at email@example.com
- No equipment will be handed out unless the player is fitted
- A parent or legal guardian to execute paperwork
- Payment in full - Equipment may be picked up but it will not be issued to the player until paid in full.
- A signed Physical Form must be on file (good for 2 years) before the player is allowed to practice.
Equipment Provided by Junior Crusaders:
- Helmet and mouth guard - Some players prefer to purchase their own mouth guards and girdles with pads.
- Shoulder pads
- Practice and game jerseys and pants
- Pads that go in pants - girdle
Players will need to supply:
- Football shoes - Molded or screw-in cleats. The screw-in cleats must not be metal-tipped.
- Athletic supporter or compression shorts - A cup is advised but not necessary
- Water bottle - Players should have a water bottle with them at all times.
CMH does allow players to purchase their own equipment if necessary.
- I will not force my child into sports.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun, and the game is for them.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or of others.
- I will learn the rules of the game and policies of the league.
- I will be a positive role model for my child, and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy – and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, spectators at every game practice, or other sporting event.
- I will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent, such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules.
- I will demand that my child treat players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, sex, or ability.
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices, and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competition in lower age groups.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of my personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak to coaches at an agreed-upon time and place.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use.
- I will refrain from “coaching” unless I am an official coach.