Admissions Process: Freshman, Transfer, and International Students
We are excited to receive your student's application. Please follow the link below to complete and submit the online application. If you prefer to submit a paper copy of the application and submit your application fee via check, you may download the CMH application or complete the online application.
Application Process for Incoming Freshmen:
- Click here to Complete and submit the online Application for Admission with $25 application fee by November 1.
- Register for placement test by November 1 by completing the application. All students taking the placement test must have a completed application on file along with the $25 fee.
- All applicants who have submitted their applications will receive notification of their acceptance to Catholic Memorial by January 1.
- All registration materials, tuition assistance forms and placement test results will be mailed during the first week of January.
- Registration night for all accepted students is held in the evening on the last Monday in January.
Application Process for Transfer Students:
We also welcome applications from students wishing to transfer to Catholic Memorial. Transfer students are not guaranteed admission until the Transfer Admissions Committee has reviewed his/her application.
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission along with the $25 application fee using the link above.
- Complete the first page of the CMH Clearance Form and ask the student’s current school counselor or school official to complete the second page. The Clearance Form is then sent directly from the student’s current school to CMH.
- CMH MUST receive a copy of the student's transcript as well as any standardized test scores.
- If available, the student should provide a copy of quarter grades or a recent grade report that reflects current progress in classes.
- Either a paper copy of the current high school's curriculum guide should be provided or a link to the electronic version of the guide should be provided.
- Once the Application, Clearance Form, and all additional materials are received, a decision regarding acceptance will be made and the family will be notified.
- Upon completion of their academic studies at their current high school, the transfer student must send an updated copy of his/her grade report to CMH. Should there be a dramatic decline in the student's grades, CMH reserves the right to rescind the student's admission should an adequate explanation regarding the grade decline not be provided.
- Prospective transfer students are permitted to "shadow," but they MUST have a completed application on file as well as a completed Transfer Clearance Form.
Admissions Process for International Students:
Catholic Memorial has established relationships with several international student exchange programs. While most international students attending school at CMH are part of a 1 year program, we do allow international students to attend CMH with the intent to graduate and receive a diploma. Should an international student wish to receive a CMH diploma, the following requirements must be met:
- If an exchange student comes to CMH during the 2nd semester of his/her freshman year and completes all graduation requirements (i.e. total credits), the student can be included in the rank list.
- An International exchange student seeking a CMH diploma will be enrolled in an English class each year he/she is at CMH. If they are unable to meet the CMH senior English requirement due to difficulty with the language or the writing component, CMH will require the student take the T.O.E.F.L. (Test of English as a Foreign Language). To earn a CMH diploma, one of the following baseline scores must be met:
- 500 (paper-based test)
- 173 (computer-based test)
- 61 (Internet-based test)
- The above scores represent the minimum score for most University of Wisconsin institutions, thus indicating a student's readiness for college level work. Students will have 1 year from the date of their Class's graduation to retake the T.O.E.F.L. in order to meet this graduation requirement.
Catholic Memorial High School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin